Encyclopedia of the History of Arabic Science
|Titolo|| Encyclopedia of the History of Arabic Science|
|Lingua||Testo in Inglese|
|Formato||PDF con DRM |
|Compatibilità||Tutti i dispositivi |
|Cloud||No Scopri di più|
|The Arabic contribution is fundamental to the history of science, mathematics and technology, but until now no single publication has offered an up-to-date synthesis of knowledge in this area. In three fully-illustrated volumes the Encyclopedia of the History of Arabic Science documents the history and philosophy of Arabic science from the earliest times to the present day. The set as a whole covers seven centuries. Thirty chapters, written by an international team of specialists from Europe, America, the Middle East and Russia cover such areas as astronomy, mathematics, music, engineering, nautical science and scientific institutions.|
The Encyclopedia is divided into three volumes:
1) Astronomy - Theoretical and Applied
2) Mathematics and the Physical Sciences
3) Technology, Alchemy and Life Sciences
Illustrated with figures, tables and plates, each chapter is written by an internationally respected expert in their field. Each volume contains an extensive bibliography of sources and further reading, and the set is fully indexed. The Encyclopedia of the History of Arabic Science is a unique and vital contribution to its subject.
The Encyclopedia will not only be essential reading for students and scholars of Arabic science, the history of science and Islamic studies, but will also be of enormous interest to mathematicians, engineers and life scientists.
* An in-depth history of scientific development in the Arabic world over the last seven centuries
* entries compiled by a prestigious team of international specialist contributors
* extensive bibliography of sources and further reading
* 100 tables, figures and plates, complementing and illuminating the text.