Palmer Michael - The Question of God
|Titolo|| The Question of God|
|Lingua||Testo in Inglese|
|Formato||PDF con DRM |
|Compatibilità||Tutti i dispositivi |
|Cloud||No Scopri di più|
|This important new text by a well-known author provides a lively and approachable introduction to the six great arguments for the existence of God. Requiring no specialist knowledge of philosophy, an important feature of The Question of God is the inclusion of a wealth of primary sources drawn from both classic and contemporary texts. With its combination of critical analysis and extensive extracts, this book will be particularly attractive to students and teachers of philosophy, religious studies and theology, at school or university level, who are looking for a text that offers a detailed and authoritative account of these famous arguments.|
* Thee Ontological Argument (Sources: Anselm, Haight, Descartes, Kant, Findlay, Malcolm, Hick)
* The Cosmological Argument (Sources: Aquinas, Taylor, Hume, Kant)
* The Argument from Design (Sources: Paley, Hume, Darwin, Dawkins, Ward)
* The Argument from Miracles (Sources: Hume, Hambourger, Coleman, Flew, Swinburne, Diamond)
* The Moral Argument (Sources: Plato, Lewis, Kant, Rachels, Martin, Nielsen)
* The Pragmatic Argument (Sources: Pascal, Gracely, Stich, Penelhum, James, Moore).
This user-friendly book also offers: * Revision questions to aid comprehension * Key reading for each chapter and an extensive bibliography * Illustrated biographies of key thinkers and their works * Marginal notes and summaries of arguments.