The Complete Guide to Fasting - Summarized for Busy People
Punti Premium: 3
Venduto e spedito da IBS
Gaia la libraia Vuoi ricevere un'email sui tuoi prodotti preferiti? Chiedi a Gaia, la tua assistente personale
Countless books have been published discussing the best and the latest eating regimens that promise weight loss and better health. What most people do not realize is that the missing component to an effective dietary program lies in a centuries-old practice: fasting.
Fasting is more than just deliberate starving. At the right conditions and regardless of dietary program, the effects of fasting to the human body are astonishing. Dr. Jason Fung, a nephrologist based in Toronto, has utilized an assortment of fasting procedures to help more than a thousand of his patients. With the help of health broadcaster and bestselling author Jimmy Moore, Dr. Fung explains the real science behind fasting, its advantages to our health, and how it can be done in the most effective way.
In The Complete Guide to Fasting, Dr. Jason Fung and Jimmy Moore describe:
- the importance of fasting throughout history
- how fasting improves our health
- the different approaches to fasting (intermittent, alternate-day, and extended)
- who can experience the perks of fasting (and those who can’t)
- how fasting is beneficial to weight loss
- what to prepare for in the beginning of the fast
- methods that can be used to monitor progress during a fast