Christ Church was later called the Old North Church. It was the sec ond Episcopal church built in Boston. It was from the tower of this church, which still stands on Salem Street near Copps Hill burying ground, that were hung the lanterns giving notice to the patriots in Charlestown of the intended march of the British troops to Lexington. Dr. Timothy Cut ler, Rector, was born in Charlestown in 1683. Was made Rector of Yale College and embraced Episcopacy in 1722. Was ordained in England, made there a Doctor of Divinity and returned to Boston in 1724.