How Niagara Was Made Free

How Niagara Was Made Free

Thomas V. Welch

0 recensioni
Con la tua recensione raccogli punti Premium
pagabile con 18App pagabile con Carta del Docente
Articolo acquistabile con 18App e Carta del Docente
Editore: Forgotten Books
Formato: PDF
Testo in en
Cloud: Scopri di più
Compatibilità: Tutti i dispositivi (eccetto Kindle) Scopri di più
Dimensioni: 1,12 MB
  • EAN: 9780243751464

€ 5,85

Punti Premium: 6

Venduto e spedito da IBS

EBOOK INGLESE
Aggiungi al carrello
spinner
Fai un regalo
spinner

non è possibile acquistare ebook su dispositivi Apple. Puoi comunque aggiungerli alla wishlist

Gaia la libraia

Gaia la libraia Vuoi ricevere un'email sui tuoi prodotti preferiti? Chiedi a Gaia, la tua assistente personale

A bill to authorize the selection of lands for a state reservation in the village of Niagara Falls, was introduced in the Legislature in 1880, and passed the Assembly, but did not pass the Senate. In 1881 a similar bill was introduced in the Assembly by Hon. James Low, then representing the Second District of Niagara County; but owing to the well-known opposition of Governor Cornell to the project, the measure was abandoned. During the session of 1882, Governor Cornell being yet in office, no effort was made to secure the passage of the Niagara Reservation bill.

In November, 1882, Grover Cleveland was elected Governor. Being a resident of the western part of the State, it was assumed that he was in favor of the preservation of the scenery of the Falls of Niagara. On Dec. 6, 1882, a meeting of gentlemen was held at the residence of Mr. Howard Potter in New York City, to consider measures for the advancement of the Niagara movement. Addresses were made by Messrs. Olmsted, Potter, Dorsheimer, Norton, Harrison and others. A committee, consisting of Messrs. J. Hampden Robb, Buchanan Winthrop, James T. Gardner, J. T. Van Rensselaer and Francis H. Weeks, was appointed to proceed in the matter and to report at a future meeting, which was held at Municipal Hall, No. 67 Madison Avenue, on the evening of Jan. 11, 1883. Mr. D. Willis James presided. The committee, previously appointed, reported in favor of the formation of an association, the object of which should be the preservation of the scenery of the Falls of Niagara, by legislative enactment. The organization was called "The Niagara Falls Association," and the following officers were elected: President, Howard Potter; vice-presidents, Daniel Huntington, Geo. William Curtis, Cornelius Vanderbilt: secretary, Robert Lenox Belknap; treasurer, Chas. Lanier: executive committee, J. Hampden Robb, Buchanan Winthrop, James T. Gardner, J. T. Van Rensselaer, Francis H. Weeks, Robt. W. DeForest; corresponding secretary, Rev. J. B. Harrison.
Gaia la libraia

Gaia la libraia Vuoi ricevere un'email sui tuoi prodotti preferiti? Chiedi a Gaia, la tua assistente personale

Note legali