The First Reformed Church of Easton was founded dur ing the earliest period of the settlement at The Forks of the Delaware, and has been identified with the borough and City of Easton throughout their entire history. The Church building which the congregation at present occa pies was erected in 1776. It is the only public building in Easton remaining from the days Of the Revolution, and for nearly half a century after its erection was the only church building in the town. Its record books, which possess the rare distinction Of being continuous and unbroken for nearly a century and a half, are contemporaneous in their origin with the early beginnings of the settlement, and contain information Of greatest value to the many thou sands of the descendents of The First Settlers of the Forks Of the Delaware; for the settlement having from the first been prevailingly German, nearly every family in the community, at some time or other in its history, left some trace of itself in the records of this old German Reformed Church. For genealogical purposes it is be lieved that this publication will prove of great value to many people. On, a moderate estimate there are nearly, or quite, names recorded in this book. The de scendants Of the people for whom these names stand, though scattered far and wide, will here find material for their family history which is simply invaluable.