Intelligent and Effective Learning Based on the Model for Systematic Concept Teaching - Abbreviated Version
Punti Premium: 9
Venduto e spedito da IBS
This Abbreviated version of the more Comprehensive book, Intelligent and Effective Learning Based on the Model for Systematic Concept Teaching, does not include website access codes or print supplements that come with the Comprehensive version.
The Abbreviated version of the manual Intelligent and Effective Learning Based on the Model for Systematic Concept Teaching - Practitioner's Manual for the Systematic Concept Teaching (SCT) Approach to the Prevention and Remediation of Learning Difficulties provides for a much easier entry into SCT theory and practice than the Comprehensive version. This Abbreviated version provides a brief overview of the concepts and strategies that are developed more fully in the Comprehensive book. It brings a concise introduction to the ground-breaking concepts of Systematic Concept Teaching (SCT) to an entirely new audience. Expanding on the original work of the late Norwegian Educator Magne Nyborg, the authors have written this Abbreviated version for professionals in the Educational-Psychological fields at all levels of preschool through secondary school, illustrating how to apply the principles of SCT to students who struggle with learning. The authors offer a brief overview of the theories that underlie the SCT approach as well as present user-friendly explanations and introduce applications for acquiring specific language skills integrated with relevant knowledge that are crucial to the learning of school subjects and skills in most content areas. Several abstracts of case studies are presented using SCT to help struggling students develop the crucial prerequisites for learning in relation to language development and academic subjects and, in this way, improve their "ability to learn." Theseprerequisites include the development of:
- Basic Conceptual Systems (Color, Shape, Size, Place, Number, Time, etc.) and their related Basic Concepts, which are made verbally conscious through oral language skills
- the ability to perform Analytic Coding – multi-faceted description of an item/event or an analysis of the similarities/differences between two or more items/events
- positive expectations towards learning
- the ability to direct and take control of their attention
- the ability to prolong and expand their short-term memory (STM) and working memory (WM) by consciously applying language in these processes
- the use of language as a tool for further thinking and problem-solving
- the ability to apply a precise and decontextualized (or situational independent) language when it is needed in communication, thinking and learning
A wealth of over 30 years of teaching experiences and research projects related to SCT have shown striking evidence of its effectiveness and have repeatedly demonstrated positive outcomes for students having varying learning difficulties, and who have struggled with their learning of language, reading, written language, and other school subjects and skills of different kinds. This Abbreviated version of the Comprehensive manual is a must-read for any professional who wants a brief introduction to the research-based and practical approach of SCT to help those students who continue to struggle with the language and skills needed to be an effective learner. This approach is covered in greater depth in the Comprehensive version of the manual.