Sacred Sites: Glastonbury
Punti Premium: 4
Venduto e spedito da IBS
Gaia la libraia Vuoi ricevere un'email sui tuoi prodotti preferiti? Chiedi a Gaia, la tua assistente personale
Sacred Sites: Glastonbury and the Isle pf Avalon
The Guide to Your Magical Journey
Glastonbury, a small village in the English countryside, is renowned as the mystical Isle of Avalon, a place of myth and legend long acknowledged as the spiritual heart of the country. It was a centre of druidic learning and initiation, a place of goddess worship and healing, the site of the first Christian church in Britain, and the location of King Arthur’s Camelot. Today it remains sacred to people of all religions and cultures, yet it hides many of its secrets within the mysterious mists of Avalon.
Within the pages of Sacred Sites: Glastonbury, you will:
* Cross over through the mists and experience the magic of the priestesses of old, reawakened today through new rituals dedicated to the goddess and beautiful celebrations that mark the seasonal Wheel of the Year.
* Climb the slopes of the majestic Tor and feel the power of the sun and of the earth, absorb the energy of the leylines that run through the town, and drink the healing waters from sacred Chalice Well.
* Visit the ruins of Glastonbury Abbey, walk the ceremonial labyrinth into the heart of the Tor, marvel at ancient oaks and yews, and sit beneath the holy thorn tree thought to have grown from Joseph’s staff.
* Learn the history of a town that has been home to kings and queens, archbishops and saints, seers and famous authors, and is now the site of a modern rock festival that draws a new type of pilgrim to walk this magical land.
* Read interviews about Glastonbury with witchie author Lucy Cavendish and psychic medium Colette Baron-Reid, who both feel a deep affinity with the sacred dimension of Avalon.
* And discover extra practical information, websites and details added after Seven Sacred Sites was published.